Location: Chicago, IL
We’re Citadel, a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.
Citadel Securities provides fast and dependable liquidity and execution services across a spectrum of market conditions. Its proprietary technology and commitment to enhancing markets has helped create a more liquid, efficient and transparent playing field for retail investors. Citadel Securities also offers customized trading tools for a full spectrum of investment strategies, further enabling institutional investors to trade smarter and faster as stewards of their clients’ capital.
If you aspire to:
- Be a Front Office Software Developer in the Citadel Execution Services team and work closely with members of Front Office Quantitative Research and traders.
- Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core trading applications.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
- Develop high performance applications utilizing C# language and object oriented design.
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Working as part of an established, experienced development team to build best in class technology platforms integrated with r/t trading paradigms.
- Facilitating communication and collaboration with business users and technology teams.
If you’ve proven you have:
- Strong C# experience/exposure.
- Experience with scripting languages Python, Perl, Shell Scripting.
- Experience or interest in web technologies such as Node.js, Backbone, etc.
- Experience with UNIX.
- Experience or interest in designing and building real time desktop applications capable of handling large volumes of streaming data.
- Professional experience working directly with end users to define requirements.
- Experience or interest in developing Winforms applications.
- Experience or interest in building trading applications.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle paradigms including testing and deployment phases.
- An ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related engineering or science curriculum.