Location: Chicago, IL
If you aspire to:
- Becoming an expert in all facets of the institutional investment lifecycle and the technology that supports the world’s premier financial institutions.
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Working directly with clients to maintain 100% uptime
- Diagnosing and resolving all technical issues
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting on all incidents
- Monitoring real-time events and implement solutions for production environments
- Liaising with various parties for problem resolution and satisfying client inquiries
- Following established guidelines around application/client management procedures and processes
- Pre-market open and market close checkouts of applications and flows
- Participating in client specific/client wide rollout/campaign initiatives
- Assisting with coordinating business events, releases and participate in testing/training
If you’ve proven you have:
- A mix of strong technical skills combined with functional knowledge of institutional investment operations such as portfolio/risk management, compliance, trade execution, post-trade clearing and settlement processes, etc. Experience with other OMS/EMS platforms is a bonus.
- Experience with troubleshooting issues, gathering relevant information, and owning issues through to completion including working with product management to drive product improvement.
- Knowledge of Linux, SQL, Python/Shell Scripting, FIX and working knowledge of relational database concepts
- Proven track record in a customer facing technology support role
- Established & maintained relationships with clients and deploy a high-touch customer service approach
- Substantive domain knowledge; financial products (Equities preferred), flows, markets etc.
- Ability to quickly learn, creatively solve problems, effectively prioritize, and execute tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team, and to professionally interact with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Computer Science / MIS preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a related field