Our team is searching for a highly motivated Developer with very strong programming skills.
Commodities encompasses Citadel’s activities in the North American natural gas market and European gas and power markets, as well as its activities in the crude oil, refined products and agricultural commodities markets. The Commodities team combines fundamental market expertise with quantitative analytics to identify directional and relative value investment opportunities.
The individual must demonstrate ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner. The role will involve analysis, design, programming and testing and will utilize Python as the primary language. C++ is another technology that the individual may need to work with.
If you aspire to:
- Work directly with technical team members to industrialize and scale the firm’s commodities trading platform
- Help build systems to enable analysts to efficiently collect and analyze large volumes market and fundamental data to make superior trading decisions – help the firm turn data into actionable knowledge.
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Building industry-leading near real-time applications to enable traders to visualize the market and capture trading opportunities aggressively
- Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle
- Providing day to day support to the business, including investigating and triaging issues that arise.
- Coordinating and communicating specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project
- Advising on and implementing the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements for each project
If you’ve proven you have:
- 2-4 years of experience on a technology team within a financial institution
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, distributed development, system design)
- Fluent in a language that is easily transferable to Python (java, c#, etc).
- Past experience working within a globally distributed team would be beneficial
- Proactive individual with experience working within a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics
- Knowledge of commodities products or experience in big data is a plus
- Experience working with RDBMS (Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle) both in a schema design and application development capacity
- Exposure to OTC/Derivatives trade life cycle and position management a plus
- Other: UI skills
- Technical education should include an undergraduate and/or advanced computer science, electrical engineering or other relevant applied science
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, (s)he will be affective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.