Location: Chicago, IL
- Provides technical support, administration, for all internal end-user software, hardware, and connectivity.
- Identifies, diagnoses, researches, tracks and resolves technical problems.
- Escalates issues and facilitates user assistance from third parties or other IT groups as needed.
- Maintains an intermediate level of knowledge, and involvement in many aspects Citadel’s trading environment.
- Adds and maintains user accounts and permissions on systems in compliance with Citadel’s security policies.
- Deploys, manages and documents a wide variety of devices and applications running primarily on Dell desktops, ThinkPad laptops, Blackberries, RSA Remote Access Tokens, and IPC Trading Turrets.
- Configures and repairs workstations, laptops, dealer boards and blackberries on a timely and independent basis.
- Interacts independently with users and meets all assigned user support and IT project commitments.
- Tracks assignments of software licenses and hardware assets.
- Ships supplies and equipment to users and receives ordered supplies and equipment as needed.
- Effectively works in a cooperative and collaborative global team environment.
- Engages in technical collaboration with other Infrastructure groups and Business IT teams as appropriate.
- The work includes a mix of ad-hoc support, shorter-duration maintenance tasks, and longer-duration project work.
- Must be able to participate in the development of new procedures and processes when work situations require.
- Serves as backup resource for other IT functions outside the traditional IT Support Associate role, as needed.
- Initially, User Support Engineers receive a moderate level of supervision, but will be expected to operate with increased independence over time.
- Focus on delivering optimal end user experience and customer service.
- Deliver metrics and reports on the status and health of the team and organization.
- Remain operationally focused in managing server, network, storage, application infrastructures.
- Develop process and procedures for global operations team.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively recognize and resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt quickly to a new and changing technical environment.
- Demonstrates critical, analytical thinking in all aspects of the job.
- Shows strong independent judgment, discretion, and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of desktop and laptop computer hardware and peripherals.
- Must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft business products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Windows), and other common business productivity software.
- Must have a good understanding of LAN technologies and the TCP/IP protocol.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of workstation connectivity solutions, including wireless networking, broadband solutions, and VPN clients.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of broad based server technology within a Microsoft environment; including but not limited to: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS and DHCP
- Demonstrates confidence working on and supporting remote computing components and solutions including but not limited to: RSA Servers and appliances, Cisco VPN and Citrix.
- Has solid awareness and understanding of technologies that can or will impact the job function. Keeps current on latest technologies and technology trends. Keeps current on technical, industry and business trends.
- Develops a solid understanding of Citadel methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Develops a solid understanding of Citadel’s proprietary IT systems environment and associated tools.
- Knows and employs the OSI model to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Knowledge and experience configuring and troubleshooting IP telephony (preferably Cisco Call Manager) and Trading Turrets
Task Completion / Execution:
- Consistently responds to support requests on a timely basis.
- Consistently meets or exceeds end user timeframe expectations, initially with assistance but moving quickly towards independence.
- Commits the necessary time to ensure results and consistently produces accurate, high quality results.
- Documents issues, troubleshooting steps, and solutions in SharePoint and Support Request tracking system.
- Manages own workload, escalating when help is needed or when customer service levels or deadlines are at risk.
- Maintains constant awareness of status of assigned tasks and how they relate to overall project priorities and communicates risks to supervisor.
- Provides estimates and other input used for defining tasks and aiding in creation of team work plan.
- Seeks to identify and recommend changes to work processes and tools that may improve efficiency, effectiveness and quality.
- Maintains a commitment to comprehensive and efficient testing of changes and understands the potential impacts of untested solutions to our business.
- Creates appropriate documentation for work products.
- Communication and Customer Focus:
- Communicates effectively with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, staff and managerial), and in a wide range of settings (e.g., one-on-one, small group, in person, on the phone, and via e-mail).
- Interacts professionally with all internal customers and demonstrates key client service concepts (e.g., responsiveness, attentiveness, composure, attention to detail, follow-through).
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with peers and supervisor.
- Maintains constant awareness of how assigned tasks impact internal customers, and communicates status proactively to ensure smooth project execution.
- Demonstrates ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Communicates issue resolution status proactively to ensure customer timeframe expectations are met.
- Creates documents and communications. Occasionally reviews others’ documents and communications as required.
- Contributes to team development and performance to achieve team goals.
- Works to earn respect of others.
- Looks for opportunities to make contributions to the team that are outside of normal expectations.
Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA)
The successful candidate will be a mature self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. This person needs to be able to resolve conflict within a short period of time. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, he/she will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.