Location: Chicago, New York, San Francisco
- Provides technical support, administration, for all internal end-user software, hardware, and connectivity.
- Identifies, diagnoses, researches, tracks and resolves technical problems.
- Escalates issues and facilitates user assistance from third parties or other IT groups as needed.
- Adds and maintains user accounts and permissions on systems in compliance with Citadel’s security policies.
- Deploys, manages and documents a wide variety of devices and applications running primarily on, ThinkPad laptops, Blackberries, RSA Remote Access Tokens.
- Interacts independently with users and meets all assigned user support and IT project commitments.
- Effectively works in a cooperative and collaborative global team environment.
- Engages in technical collaboration with other Infrastructure groups and Business IT teams as appropriate.
- The work includes a mix of ad-hoc support, shorter-duration maintenance tasks, and longer-duration project work.
- Initially, User Support Engineers receive a moderate level of supervision, but will be expected to operate with increased independence over time.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively recognize and resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrate critical, analytical thinking in all aspects of the job.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a beginning understanding of LAN technologies and the TCP/IP protocol.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of workstation connectivity solutions, including wireless networking, broadband solutions, and VPN clients.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of broad based server technology within a Microsoft environment; including but not limited to: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS and DHCP
- Demonstrates confidence working on and supporting remote computing components and solutions including but not limited to: RSA Servers and appliances, Cisco VPN and Citrix.
Task Completion / Execution:
- Consistently responds to support requests on a timely basis.
- Consistently meets or exceeds end user timeframe expectations, initially with assistance but moving quickly towards independence.
- Commits the necessary time to ensure results and consistently produces accurate, high quality results.
- Documents issues, troubleshooting steps, and solutions in SharePoint and Support Request tracking system.
- Manages workload, escalating when help is needed or when customer service levels or deadlines are at risk.
- Maintains constant awareness of status of assigned tasks and how they relate to overall project priorities and communicates risks to supervisor.
- Provides estimates and other input used for defining tasks and aiding in creation of team work plan.
Communication and Customer Focus:
- Communicates effectively with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, staff and managerial), and in a wide range of settings (e.g., one-on-one, small group, in person, on the phone, and via e-mail).
- Interacts professionally with all internal customers and demonstrates key client service concepts (e.g., responsiveness, attentiveness, composure, attention to detail, follow-through).
- Communicates issue resolution status proactively to ensure customer timeframe expectations are met.
Education Requirements: - Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) required