About the Role:
Be part of the team building the next generation of compute platform at Citadel. The team is already responsible for running compute in the 100K+ core range and pushing the boundaries of scalability and elasticity. Working across most of Citadel’s technology groups you will be exposed to many different aspects of Citadel’s business and will have a very direct and immediate impact on the business.
We are a small, high profile team and move quickly to ship real production products to the entire firm. Our team members take ownership of their products managing the entire lifecycle, possibly building separate teams around them as they scale.
The candidate will need to:
- Provide hands on Excel support, training and consultation for investment professionals across the asset manager, primarily focusing on the fundamental equity teams
- Regularly travel to office locations as an “on-site” resource for Excel modeling and optimization
- Act as go-to excel expert for training, modeling & onboarding best practices, new model build outs and general trouble shooting
- Engage with infra and front office technology teams to establish support protocols and procedures
- Compose and maintain best practices documentation and training documentation
- Conduct both 1on1 and group training sessions on site and remotely with regular cadence
- 3-5 years working experience (minimum)
- 2-3 years exposure to financial services (equity/capital markets)
- High level of personal integrity and strong work ethic
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to forge close working relationships with both business and technology team members.
- Ability to work in a global environment with team members located in various regions.
- The individual must demonstrate impeccable organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple streams of work simultaneously.
- Experience dealing with front office or other non technical users, demonstrable ability to also coordinate and work with application & infrastructure technology teams
- Office 2013 (or newer) SME focused on Excel & VBA
- Experience with various financial third party excel add ins (BBG, Factset, Reuters, SNL, etc.)
- Intermediate experience level VBA
- Experience with complex financial models & data, with ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex formulas and calculations and provide optimization recommendations
- Experience writing and implementing advanced reporting and visualizations
- Experience with Tableau report development a plus but not required
- Knowledge of scripting including Python & shell is a plus but not required
Education: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, or related engineering or science curriculum.