Location: Chicago, IL
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced FPGA Engineer to join our existing team and be responsible for the research, design, and implementation of FPGA solutions for Citadel’s trading businesses developing ultra-low latency trading systems. We have a small and highly experience development team that is working on new FPGA designs in a hardware description language, performing timing analysis, validating and debugging designs for errors and efficiency.
- Work with team on development and implementation of proprietary hardware trading systems from concept to production.
- Create digital design and verification to maximize the efficiency and performance to process vast amounts of data across the trading systems.
- Be involved in the design of ultra low latency, high throughput FPGA based custom financial trading systems to accelerate algorithmic trade signal generation and order execution.
- The fast turn around and immediate feedback of operating designs, as well as evaluating latency and throughput.
- 3+ years in FPGA design, including the full FPGA design lifecycle including hardware architecture, RTL coding, simulation, system integration, hardware validation and testing.
- Experience with Altera design software is a plus, but experience with Xilinx design software is also a plus.
- Experienced and well-versed in the System Verilog and VHDL (System Verilog, Verilog, C, Bash, or Makefile).
- Experience building digital systems for a variety of domains including wired/wireless communications; experience with trading; and computational finance is highly desired.
- Familiar with FPGA synthesis tools and static timing analysis are desirable but not required.
- Familiar with the principles of the construction of automated, self-checking, directed random test benches.
- Familiarity with the use of on-chip debugging tools such as Altera’s SignalTap or Xilinx’s ChipScope is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with C language for incorporation of software modeling features.
- Must have strong problem solving skills, be adaptable, and be team oriented.
- Financial expertise is NOT necessary.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science; Masters Degree preferred.