Locations: San Francisco, New York, Chicago, London
Industry Sectors: Various – Consumer, Industrials, Technology, Financials, Healthcare, Energy and Communications, Media & Entertainment (CME)
Company Description: Sustainable, responsible markets are the engine of prosperity. Citadel brings 25 years of experience and $25B in capital from the world’s most sophisticated investors to the market each day. With our industry leading technology platform, and our world-class team, we trade across all major asset classes and in over 30 countries. Our work enables commerce and progress in all four corners of the globe.
Our people are our most valued asset; we pride ourselves in hiring and developing best in class minds in every part of the business.
“At Citadel, your aptitude and ambition are the only limits to your opportunity and impact”
- Ken Griffin Founder and CEO
Global Equities: Established in 2001, Global Equities is a cornerstone long/short equity strategy for Citadel that has had positive returns every year, since inception. The team manages fundamental researched-based equity long/short portfolios on behalf of Citadel’s multi-strategy funds and Global Equities single-strategy funds. With offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and London, Global Equities is currently comprised of 24 fundamental investing teams, with over 100 professionals, focusing on companies in seven sectors, including Technology, CME (Communications Media & Entertainment), Energy, Consumer, Financials, Healthcare and Industrials. The investing teams employ deep fundamental research that focuses on alpha generation in a market-neutral framework, and then employs unique technology and processes to optimize alpha and minimize market risk. Teams are comprised of Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Associates. Portfolio Managers and Analysts are seasoned investors, who actively manage portfolios, with deep industry knowledge and a rigorously-developed investment process.
Global Equities Associate Track: The Global Equities Associate Track is a career-track opportunity focused on developing and training the next generation of investment professionals and it is the primary source of talent for Global Equities. With over 85% of the Global Equities Portfolio Managers having begun their careers, as either Associates or Analysts, there is a continued commitment to career progression, developing talent, mentoring and investment-process training.
If you aspire to:
- Become a successful long/short equity investor, with a focus on developing a rigorous and repeatable investment process, with a strong risk-management framework
- Work in a high-performing and collaborative team environment that closely integrates sophisticated trading, state-of-the art quantitative research and risk management, and cutting-edge technology
- Make an impact in a top performing long/short equity business that is consistently-evolving and innovating
- Develop into an Analyst, within a 2-4 year time frame, covering a subsector of industry names and generating profitable ideas
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Conducting differentiated, bottoms-up fundamental analysis of companies, business models and industries
- Actively participating in quarterly earnings calls and monitoring dynamic news flows
- Closely following and analyzing data and actionable corporate events
- Developing a refined skill set to effectively present long and short investment ideas to an Analyst and/or Portfolio Manager
- Attending and actively participating in industry conferences, management meetings and company visits (including traveling)
If you’ve proven you can:
- Build and construct detailed company financial models in Excel, with an advanced understanding of accounting/financial statements and are comfortable forecasting financial statements
- Synthesize and communicate your ideas and information clearly, effectively and in an organized manner
- Understand and acquire a deep knowledge base to become familiar with a sub-sector of companies
- Successfully communicate and collaborate in a team environment and build strong relationships
- Identify and analyze obscure data that is unique and useful
- Be assertive while working collaboratively within a team and will take on any task
- 2-6 years of investment banking, private equity, long-only and/or sell side research experience
- Bachelors degree or advanced degree in finance, economics, engineering and/or computer science, ideal
- Passion for fundamental analysis and public markets investing