Location: Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA
We offer the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing business in a leading global hedge fund. Our team places high value on the exchange of ideas and on creativity and innovation. In support of this goal we give people real responsibility at an early stage, and operate a meritocratic management structure. This environment creates exceptional opportunities to learn new skills and to accelerate your career development. You will build impactful tools.
No prior experience in finance is necessary.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Evaluation and modeling of new data sources.
- Collaboration with the research and trading teams.
Mandatory Skills / Experience
- Demonstrated expertise in nodejs, general MEAN stack
- Comfort with remote/vendor APIs, DOM, and xpath manipulation
- 2-4 years software development experience
- Event-driven, asynchronous socket programming
- Experience in functional programming (lodash or underscore) and full stack software development.
- Very strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate prior delivery in a demanding and fast paced environment.
Beneficial Skills / Experience
- Open source work (such as a public github) where you’re comfortable sharing your best code
- AWS or GCE deployment experience
- Containerization tools such as Docker
- Software development experience in Python and C++.
- Experience working in a research environment.
- Command of a testing framework, and an automation tool (such as selenium)