We’re Citadel, a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking an Operations Associate, who will work within our Clearing & Settlements and Cash & Collateral Management teams based in our Chicago headquarter offices.
If you aspire to:
- Gain experience in Clearing & Settlements across a broad range of financial products
- Work closely with our trading desk and business leadership, as a key partner representing our operations function
- Consistently strive to improve processes and workflows
- Resolve conflict within a short period of time
- Add value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through
If you’re interested in:
- Utilizing leading-edge technology to ensure accuracy of equity, fixed income, futures and options trades in both prime broker and self-cleared businesses.
- Liaising amongst trading desks, prime brokers, counterparties and exchanges to resolve breaks and open reconciling items to ensure timely settlement
- Taking responsibility for orderly settlement of high-volume trading accounts, both for firm trading accounts as well as for executions on behalf of firm customers
- Developing new tools, applications and processes to support a wide-ranging array of new businesses
- Cross-training with other areas within Clearing and Settlements
If you have:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures, familiar with financial markets and instruments
- Proficiency in Excel and experience with working in a database (DTC, Oasys and Oasys Global Applications experience are highly desired)
- Basic knowledge of Mortgage Backed Securities, including TBAs, Pools and CMO’s as well as Principal and Interest payment management, is beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a highly complex and fast-paced environment
- A high level of intellectual curiosity, intuition and ethical standards
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal