Locations: Chicago, New York, Hong Kong, Toronto, China
Are you passionate about modeling and the pursuit of truth to achieve alpha? Are you a scientist at heart, who prefers to dive right in, research and test your ideas to identify trends where others don’t in vast quantities of data? Can you spot dead ends early and pivot quickly to peg prime opportunities?
At Citadel, Quantitative Research (“QR”) is responsible for developing and testing automated quant trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques. We are seeking top undergraduate, master’s, and PhD students who are entrepreneurial self-starters and enjoy being in a fast-paced and dynamic environment for exciting opportunities in our automated quantitative trading businesses. This opportunity offers excellent exposure to a quantitative trading career path in one of the world’s leading global financial institutions.
If this is what excites you:
- Developing and optimizing trading signals (feature generation and model estimation)
- Building and refining monetization systems for trading signals
- Performing post-trade analysis
- Innovating new features from unconventional data sources
And this is what you’ve got:
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or other highly quantitative fields
- Strong knowledge of probability & statistics (e.g., machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Distributed computing using MapReduce
- Experience with analytical packages (e.g., R, Matlab)
- Independent research experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced and highly technical environment
- Programming experience with strong object oriented design skills and fluency in C, C++, or Java
- Basic knowledge of tradable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets
This is what Citadel can give you:
- Collaboration with some of the brightest minds in the industry
- Meaningful projects that directly impact global markets
- A culture that values ambition and rewards talent
- World-class training, tools and mentorship
Our training program provides both significant responsibility as well as creative freedom in approach. New hires are set up to succeed: projects are matched against individual skill sets and managers provide close mentorship, ensuring a tailored learning experience with a high likelihood of long term career growth.
Citadel is a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.