LOCATION: London, Hong Kong
Citadel is a worldwide leader in finance utilizing proprietary technology and quantitatively-driven strategies to transform the global markets. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry and seek to excel in all strategies. The work is demanding even for the brightest minds and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas come from everyone.
If this is what excites you:
- Constantly learning and developing to remain ahead of global market dynamics
- Working in a team environment that combines trading, quantitative research and technology
- Using one of the world’s most powerful trading platforms
- Perspective on all major financial markets from London
And this is what you’ve got:
- Ability to think about the world systematically and quantitatively, as well as ability to deal with uncertainty in a rigorous and statistical way.
- Interest in applying technology to solve complex trading problems.
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or a related discipline
- Experience with Python, C, C++, Java or comparable programming language
This is what Citadel can give you:
- Meaningful projects that directly impact world markets
- A culture that values dedication and rewards talent
- World-class training, tools and mentorship
- Collaboration with some of the foremost thinkers in the industry
About the Role
One of the industry’s premier technology platforms underpins our high-performance trading infrastructure. Our teams comprise the most capable and focused minds in quantitative trading. We are not satisfied with being the best – our goal is to extend our lead by continuously improving. We recruit ambitious candidates who desire to win. We enable their success with next-generation tools designed to trade and innovate. We trade in a relentlessly competitive, fast-paced environment and seek to seize opportunities from the competition.
Options Market-Making is a team led by algorithmic traders focused on the design, implementation and execution of Citadel’s automated options trading systems. This team works closely with colleagues in Quantitative Research and Information Technology. Together, they blend practical trading insight with leading-edge analytics and technology.
As a trader in our London office, you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of a new European Options Market-Making business based on a proven US framework. You will get direct exposure to trading from an early stage and play a key role in aiding the development of strategies via quantitative analysis. You will receive training from long-tenured traders and learn how to apply the mathematical and computational skills from your background in an ever-changing market environment.