Location: Chicago, IL
We’re Citadel, a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.
About the Opportunity:
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional who has demonstrated the ability to lead teams, innovate, and who is looking to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This person should be comfortable working with proprietary systems and analyzing large sets of data.
Our team is searching for a highly motivated software developer/architect to help build and maintain various back office systems. A successful candidate should be a self-starter who naturally looks for improvement opportunities spanning multiple disciplines. The ideal candidate should aspire to work in a team with a continuous history of excellence and the highest personal integrity.
If you’re interested in:
- Providing fast and dependable technology solutions across a spectrum of market conditions.
- Working closely with large teams actively introducing new technologies with a strong emphasis on software design methodologies and best practices.
- Partnering with third-party clients to suggest and improve technology, processes, and controls.
- Working in a team environment and constantly being intellectually challenged.
- Analyzing and evaluating risk factors for product release.
If you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier University.
- At least 7 years of professional programming experience.
- In-depth knowledge of object oriented analysis and design, including an understanding of design patterns and architectural framework.
- Previous experiences in systems administration (Windows, Unix or database).
- C# experience with a strong background in modern C# development, designing usable libraries, and maintaining stable APIs and ABIs, and high-performance network client/server architectures using asynchronous networking APIs.
- C++ experience with a strong background in Windows development, designing usable libraries, maintaining stable APIs and ABIs, and high-performance network client/server architectures using asynchronous networking APIS.
- A background in maintaining cross-platform software and a willingness to work on both Windows and Linux based systems.
- A solid understanding of software and network security best practices.
- Knowledge and experience working with the following technologies (C++, C#, Python, Powershell, MQ, Solace, OTL, TIB, Git, C++14, WPF, Data Modeling)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple requests/requirements at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently, and are a motivated self-starter.