Citadel Securities is the world’s premier securities dealer. We transform financial markets around the world through modern predictive analytics and high performance computing. Enabled by our leading edge trading and execution technology, we are on a mission to create the fairest, most cost effective, transparent and democratized markets in history.
We stand among the most trusted and impactful financial firms of our time, and the best and brightest are drawn to Citadel’s culture of meritocracy that prizes insightful research and analytical rigor.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world:
Chicago * New York * London * Hong Kong * Toronto * Shanghai * Shenzhen
For more information visit www.citadelsecurities.com
Citadel Securities’ Technology Infrastructure is core to the execution of our business strategies. From optimizing execution processes to developing new systems, we offer rewarding opportunities for talented individuals looking to work on the industry’s most engaging technological challenges and provide the solutions of tomorrow. Our dedicated team of skilled professionals includes software developers, quantitative developers, architects, systems engineers, network engineers, and database administrators.
The Citadel Securities Infrastructure Engineering team was built to align infrastructure with development and QR to allow for direct working access to the trading environment and teams and will focus on improving the performance of the trading system and providing metrics so decisions can be made on data rather than intuition. To qualify, the candidate must be able to interact with development and QR staff to design and implement scalable and low latency solutions.
A Citadel Securities Senior Network Engineer with a focus on DevOps performs design, administration and troubleshooting of a global network infrastructure but leads the team in automation and visualization. We are looking for an experienced, self-directed engineer that can work successfully both independently and in collaborative settings. The ideal candidate will work directly with application development, support, and other IT teams to develop solutions that meet the needs of a fast growing business. This role is a pure engineer role and will require the candidate to find creative and proven ways to increase the productivity of the team by building and deploying great tools.
- Build and maintain visualization and reporting tools
- Interact with various SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL datasets to produce historical and real-time reports
- Develop framework for automating applicable and repeatable tasks
- Assist in configuration and deployment tools such as Ansible
- Extensive experience with Cisco networking equipment and configuration
- Design experience with low latency network technologies, both in high and low capacity scenarios
- Experience working with capture devices, including Napatech, Endace, NetScout, Corvil, or similar
- Detailed experience with packet analysis tools, such as Wireshark or similar
- User level knowledge of LINUX/UNIX operating system and the ability to perform basic network troubleshooting
- Perl, Python, or Bash scripting experience
- Experience designing and deploying networks in the Financial Services sector. Exchange experience a plus
- Experience with Internet-facing architectures
- CCIE or any Cisco certification is a plus
Education: BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or an Allied Field