Location: Chicago or New York
- Manage a team of high performing technologists that are solely focused on developing / improving work flows and building applications via the third party application; ServiceNow.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and/or businesses with the ability to interpret requirements and develop into deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage the full life cycle from requirements gathering to go-live for every ServiceNow project & enhancement.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with the ServiceNow platform.
- Understanding and developing on core platforms, including administration, support, break/fix and API’s.
- Developing user friendly catalog items with experience writing orchestration workflows such as Content Management, LDAP, Web Services, Active Directory and Custom Activities
- Identify, diagnose, research, track, and resolve technical issues within the current platform & work flows of the user base.
- Ability to create and develop dashboard reporting for key stakeholders and end users / clients.
- Be a commercially focused leader delivering an optimal end user experience and customer service level.
- The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Adapt quickly to a dynamic technical environment.
- Effectively recognize, prioritize and resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrate critical, analytical thinking in all aspects of the role.
- Articulate issues and resolutions with clear oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of:
- Best practices and proper implementations of the ServiceNow platform.
- Managing expectations and the system development lifecycle
- Ability to understand issues and prioritize the workload accordingly.
- Analytical and initiative taking abilities, while being self motivated with a strong customer focus.
- Provide strong independent judgement, discretion and decision making abilities.
- Effectively works in a cooperative and collaborative global team environment.
- Keeps current on technical, industry and business trends.
Task Completion / Execution:
- Maintains constant awareness of how assigned tasks impact internal customers, and communicates status proactively to ensure smooth project execution and timely completion; raising awareness & risks to supervisor.
- Consistently meets or exceeds end user timeframe expectations, committing the necessary time to produce high quality and accurate results.
- Constantly identifying and recommending changes to processes and tools that will improve efficiency, effectiveness and quality.
- Significant focus on Communication and Customer Focus including:
- Communicates clearly and effectively with technical and non technical users in a wide range of settings.
- Interacting professionally with all internal customers, demonstrating key client service concepts (e.g., responsiveness, attentiveness, composure, attention to detail, follow-through).
- Ability to function in a team environment with peers, technology leadership and trading management.
- Ability to properly document issues and procedures including:
- Estimating tasks and project work, creating a team work plan where appropriate.
- Maintaining a commitment to comprehensive and efficient testing & tracking of changes, understanding the potential impacts of untested solutions to our business, communicating where necessary.
- Peer reviews of documentation and communications.
- Contributes to team development and performance to achieve team goals.
- Works to earn respect of others.
- Looks for opportunities to contribute to the team outside of normal expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) from a top university in the areas of Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or other like disciplines.
- Proven track record of career growth at current and previous employers.
The successful candidate will be a mature self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. This person needs to be able to resolve conflict within a short period of time. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, he/she will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.