Location: Chicago, IL
Citadel Securities is the world’s premier securities dealer. We transform financial markets around the world through modern predictive analytics and high performance computing. Enabled by our leading edge trading and execution technology, we are on a mission to create the fairest, most cost effective, transparent and democratized markets in history.
We stand among the most trusted and impactful financial firms of our time, and the best and brightest are drawn to Citadel’s culture of meritocracy that prizes insightful research and analytical rigor.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world:
Chicago * New York * London * Hong Kong * Toronto * Shanghai * Shenzhen
For more information visit www.citadelsecurities.com
Citadel Securities’ Technology Infrastructure is core to the execution of our business strategies. From optimizing execution processes to developing new systems, we offer rewarding opportunities for talented individuals looking to work on the industry’s most engaging technological challenges and provide the solutions of tomorrow. Our dedicated team of skilled professionals includes software developers, quantitative developers, architects, systems engineers, network engineers, and database administrators.
The Citadel Securities Infrastructure Engineering team was built to align infrastructure with development and QR to allow for direct working access to the trading environment and teams and will focus on improving the performance of the trading system and providing metrics so decisions can be made on data rather than intuition. To qualify, the candidate must be able to interact with development and QR staff to design and implement scalable and low latency solutions.
A Citadel Securities Senior Software Engineer will work with developers, research, and the rest of the infrastructure team to architect and provide elegant solutions to build, maintain and deploy our 3rd party, production and development software. We are looking for an experienced, self-directed engineer that can work successfully both independently and in collaborative settings. This role is a pure engineer role and will require the candidate to find creative and proven ways to increase the productivity of the team by building and deploying great tools. This individual will ensure that all software is trackable, easy to build and deploy, and where applicable, ensure systems are setup in a resilient manner.
- Build, deploy, and maintain a software packaging and deployment system.
- Audit and keep current all 3rd party software and packages such as R, Python, and others.
- Interact with development and research teams to ensure the correct packages are available.
- Develop framework for automating applicable and repeatable tasks
- Maintain repository for all software and packages by existing the best possible tools.
- Extensive experience with Linux preferably Red Hat
- In-depth knowledge of a Configuration Management System (CMS) i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt
- Experience with the GNU build system i.e. Autoconf, Automake, Libtool, configure
- Knowledge of software development tools, i.e. gcc, g++, gdb, make, git, subversion, and how they are used in a RHEL environment
- Knowledge of the Red Hat packaging system including creating packages from source, inter-package dependencies, version control, repositories and deployment frameworks
- Senior level Perl, Python, and Bash programming skills, experience with Ruby, and formal object-oriented languages (C++/Java, etc.) a definite plus.
- Excellent documentation skills using both wiki and bug tracking services
- Experience with a time-series database i.e. Influx, Elasticsearch and their frameworks i.e. TICK and ELK
- Experience of data visualization i.e. Grafana/Graphite, reporting, trending, monitoring, and alerting
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum. MS Degree preferred.