Location: Chicago, IL
Citadel Securities is the world’s premier securities dealer. We transform financial markets around the world through modern predictive analytics and high performance computing. Enabled by our leading edge trading and execution technology, we are on a mission to create the fairest, most cost effective, transparent and democratized markets in history.
We stand among the most trusted and impactful financial firms of our time, and the best and brightest are drawn to Citadel’s culture of meritocracy that prizes insightful research and analytical rigor.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world:
Chicago * New York * London * Hong Kong * Toronto * Shanghai * Shenzhen
We are looking for a Senior SQL Server DBA to contribute to our database operations and engineering. The successful candidate will be working very closely with our business team, providing real time database and data support. This position will be responsible for database administration, database troubleshooting and performance tuning, archiving data per compliance regulations, and providing data analysis, developing and implementing BI solutions for reporting and decision-making, and providing daily support to all CSEC desks as well as the sales teams.
- Trouble shoot database related issues and provide solution to increase database system reliability and availability.
- Manage and maintain database Schemas using database modeling tools and deploy schema changes to Dev, QA and Prod environments following change control process.
- Manage and support production, QA and Dev databases running on SQL Server, SSAS Cubes and other NoSQL databases.
- Assist with development and automation of reports for the business analysis and compliance purposes.
- Manage database security and maintain data safety and integrity.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up that meets RPO and RTO
- Assist with researching new database technologies and implement them to increase productivity and efficiency of database dependent applications.
- Assist with development of ad-hoc SQL, stored procedure/views, and tune them to improve performance.
- Implement and maintain database/data archiving and retention process
- Develop DBA administration scripts using T-SQL, stored procedure, SSIS packages and Power Shell scripts
- Document database environment and administration process
- 5+ years experience supporting MS SQL 2008, 2012,2014 servers as a DBA
- 5+ years experience developing T-SQL
- 3+ years experience working with database monitoring tools (SQL Profiler, Quest, RedGate, Idera, Foglight, PDBA etc.)
- 3+ years experience working with at least two scripting language: PowerShell, Python, Shell, Perl
- Must have administration experience with SQL Server SSAS, SSRS and SSIS
- Must be able to work in Linux environment and know basic Linux commands and be able to use a Linux editor
- Knowledge and experience of migrating Sybase ASE databases to SQL Server databases is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Execution Services business and Options specific product knowledge is a plus
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum.