Citadel Securities is the world’s premier securities dealer. We transform financial markets around the world through modern predictive analytics and high performance computing. Enabled by our leading edge trading and execution technology, we are on a mission to create the fairest, most cost effective, transparent and democratized markets in history.
We stand among the most trusted and impactful financial firms of our time, and the best and brightest are drawn to Citadel’s culture of meritocracy that prizes insightful research and analytical rigor.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world:
Chicago * New York * London * Hong Kong * Toronto * Shanghai * Shenzhen
For more information visit www.citadelsecurities.com
Citadel Securities’ Technology Infrastructure is core to the execution of our business strategies. From optimizing execution processes to developing new systems, we offer rewarding opportunities for talented individuals looking to work on the industry’s most engaging technological challenges and provide the solutions of tomorrow. Our dedicated team of skilled professionals includes software developers, quantitative developers, architects, systems engineers, network engineers, and database administrators.
The Citadel Securities Infrastructure Engineering team was built to align infrastructure with development and QR to allow for direct working access to the trading environment and teams and will focus on improving the performance of the trading system and providing metrics so decisions can be made on data rather than intuition. To qualify, the candidate must be able to interact with development and QR staff to design and implement scalable and low latency solutions.
Technical Skills / Experience Required:
- 5+ years of data center hands on experience, working inside data center facilities.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Windows 7/XP and related Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware architecture.
- Experience in installation and troubleshooting data center equipment, racking, stacking and cable.
- Basic understanding of electrical and datacenter safety – candidate should know how to work safe within a datacenter.
- Ability to perform basic infrastructure troubleshooting, including using light meters, cable testers, etc.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and perform various physical tasks.
- Maintain optimal A/C and power conditions for data centers and facilities.
- Previous experience performing both optical and copper network infrastructure cabling.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; have a methodical approach to work.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and execute tasks.
- Communications skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. construction managers, architects, designers, subcontractors and other engineers.
- Familiarity with HP, IBM, and Dell Servers, Blades, San and Cisco Equipment.
- Experience with OTDR, Light Level Testing, and various infrastructure test equipment.
- Some familiarity with the LINUX operating system.
- Some familiarity with networking hardware (looking at logs, ports, etc.).
- Experience using iLO or other lights-out management systems.
- Ability to work with external vendors and internal staff.
- Regular travel involved not excluding international.
Education: BS in Computer Science or Engineering