Location: New York, Boston, Dallas or Greenwich Company Description Surveyor Capital is a global equity, long/short multi-manager strategy that resides within Citadel’s Asset Management business. Surveyor Capital portfolio managers use a fundamental, bottom-up research process, primary due diligence and intensive modeling to construct portfolios that focus on Alpha generation while remaining Beta-neutral. Each portfolio is typically focused on one of seven industry sector groups: Communications, Media and Entertainment; Consumer; Energy and Utilities; Financials; Healthcare; Industrials; and Technology. Surveyor Capital provides portfolio managers with trading infrastructure, committed capital, risk and investment frameworks, and assistance with the hiring of investment analysts to build an effective team. If you aspire to:
- Achieve your ultimate potential
- Become a successful long/short equity investor, with a focus on a rigorous investment process and thorough research due diligence
- Work in a team environment that utilizes a fundamental, bottom-up approach to stock selection in a market neutral context
- Ultimately, work towards the goal of becoming a best-in-class Portfolio Manager, building a franchise and team
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Providing coverage of ~30-50 names (subsector dependent on team and sector focus)
- Generating and Developing ideas to pitch to the portfolio manager
- Vetting ideas from junior Associates
- Actively managing ideas expressed in the portfolio
- Meeting and/or having calls with company management / IR teams
- Building models for new names introduced into core coverage universe
- Keeping all models current for latest earnings, company meeting updates, conf call updates, methodical research findings, etc.
- Maintaining sector comps
If you’ve proven you can:
- Actively manage and model all positions in a sub-sector portfolio by tracking performance, sizing around upcoming events, price target upside / downside, etc.
- Work successfully with a portfolio manager to discuss pitch ideas regularly, monitor current positions, news-flow, new ideas, sentiment thoughts, abnormal stock movements, sector observations, etc.
- Command frequent meetings with management teams
- Attend sellside hosted and industry conferences
- Network with buyside and sellside peers
- In some cases, train and manage a more junior analyst below you
- Successfully communicate and collaborate with other team members.
- Minimum of 3 years of public equity investing experience
- Background/Experience in [INSERT INDUSTRY] ideal
- Bachelors degree or advanced degree in finance, economics, engineering and/or computer science, ideal