Location: Hong Kong / Sydney
We’re Citadel, a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.
Citadel Securities provides fast and dependable liquidity and execution services across a spectrum of market conditions. Its proprietary technology and commitment to enhancing markets has helped create a more liquid, efficient and transparent playing field for retail investors. Citadel Securities also offers customized trading tools for a full spectrum of investment strategies, further enabling institutional investors to trade smarter and faster as stewards of their clients’ capital.
For more information visit www.citadelsecurities.com.
About the Role
We are looking for a Trading System Engineer to help expand our technical operations. The successful candidate will be working very closely with our traders and business team. This position will be responsible for the configuration management, support and assurance of our proprietary trading applications in multiple production silos. This position is expected to manage and coordinate with development, infrastructure and external vendor teams to provide superior performance and availability to each production application.
If you aspire to:
- Be a Front Office Trade Support Engineer in the Citadel Securities Market Making team and work closely with members of Front Office Quantitative Researchers and traders.
- Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core trading applications.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Configuration management of multiple production silos, covering multiple asset classes.
- The uptime, capacity, and performance among other aspects of day-to-day operations of trading systems.
- Working with development teams in regression testing functionality and stress testing application servers for capacity and performance.
- Contributing to the quality of service lines by participating in product development starting with the inception stage.
- Working on tactical tools development for the traders and business teams.
- Managing critical and direct communication lines with Traders, Business Managers, and Development Leads on all aspects of projects.
- Escalating hot issues pro-actively and ensuring all stakeholders are kept abreast of issues through resolution.
- Creating extensive documentation and procedures.
If you’ve proven you have:
- Knowledge of Trading Systems Applications including OMS and FIX engines.
- Solid experience in UNIX/Linux, Networking, Perl, Python, Sybase SQL, Shell Scripting.
- Proven problem solving experience, turning around with solutions in a demanding timeline.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills applicable to a dynamic trading environment.
- Experience with software analysis, leading to bug-fixing, development, code enhancement is desirable.
- Experience with testing methodologies and test tools is desirable.
- Knowledge of market data systems and/or order entry.
Education: Degree in Computer Science, or related engineering or science curriculum.