Location: Chicago, London, Hong Kong
Are you passionate about modeling and the pursuit of truth to achieve alpha? Are you a scientist at heart, who prefers to dive right in, research and test your ideas to identify trends where others don’t in vast quantities of data? Can you spot dead ends early and pivot quickly to peg prime opportunities?
Citadel is a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.
If you aspire to:
- Join a successful options market making business that is rapidly growing
- Mixing analytical disciplines with creative problem solving to build tools that bring trading strategies to life
- Work in a team environment that closely integrates trading, quantitative research and technology
- Work on meaningful projects that directly impact global markets
- Invest in a career with purpose.
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Trading and managing risk of options products within a technology-driven trading operation
- Monitoring and responding to market information, corporate announcements, and trading activities
- Finding new trading opportunities
- Utilizing analytical problem solving skills to troubleshoot trading systems, develop new trading tactics, and improve operations and platforms
- Finding ways to systematically increase the desk’s profitability
- Using trading metrics to identify inefficiencies to increase profitability and improve performance
If you’ve proven you have:
- Experience in an automated trading environment with a focus in options markets and related products
- Experience solving open ended problems using analytical methods
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and financial skills
- Programming exposure including scripting (e.g. Python, Perl) and compiled languages (e.g. C++)
- Maturity and motivation to function independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Curiosity, intuition, integrity, and professionalism
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills