Location: Hong Kong
Are you passionate about modeling and the pursuit of truth to achieve alpha? Are you a scientist & engineer at heart, who prefers to dive right in, research and test your ideas to identify trends where others don’t in vast quantities of data? Can you spot dead ends early and pivot quickly to peg prime opportunities?
We seek the very top BS, MS & PhD level students with demonstrated top achievements including winners of top scholarships/awards, ACM/IOI & IMO/IPHO or equivalent competitions, who are entrepreneurial self-starters and enjoy being in a fast-paced & dynamic environment for exciting opportunities in our automated quantitative trading businesses.
At Citadel, Quantitative Research (“QR”) is responsible for developing and testing automated quant trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques. We offer excellent exposure to a quantitative trading career path in one of the world’s leading global financial institutions.
If this is what excites you:
- Conduct research and statistical analysis and build & refine monetization systems for trading signals
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in live trading environment
- Innovating new features from unconventional data sources
And this is what you’ve got:
- Advanced training from leading academic institutions in Computer Science (including Machine Learning, AI or related fields), Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Strong Statistical analysis (time series analysis, ANOVA, etc); Knowledge of probability theory (Bayesian theory, Markov chain, etc); Experience applying advanced mathematical & statistical techniques to complex data intensive problems
- Good programming skills (e.g. C/C++) with experience with one or more statistical packages (e.g. R/Matlab) and exposure to one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Demonstrated interest in or knowledge of investments instruments/financial markets a plus
- Comfortable in a complex, fast-paced and highly technical environment
Since its founding over two decades ago, the firm’s culture of identifying and seizing opportunities can be traced back to CEO and firm founder, Kenneth Griffin’s passion for the markets. While a student at Harvard, Griffin developed his first convertible bond arbitrage model and traded from his dorm room.
Today, Citadel has grown to be a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way.