Location: Chicago, IL
Sustainable, responsible markets are the engine of prosperity. Citadel brings 25 years of experience and $25B in capital from the world’s most sophisticated investors to the market each day. With our industry leading technology platform, and our world-class team, we trade across all major asset classes and in over 30 countries. Our work enables commerce and progress in all four corners of the globe.
Our people are our most valued asset; we pride ourselves in hiring and developing best in class minds in every part of the business.
About the Opportunity:
The Securities Lending Trader will be required to manage a very large volume of trading activity through systematic controls and counterparty interaction. The candidate must be able to act quickly and thoughtfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. They should be able to consume large amounts of trading-related data and distill that into useful information for the firm’s asset management and market making teams. They need to be a team player with strong personality traits to manage many relationships, both within the firm and with outside counterparties.
If you aspire to:
- Learn the securities lending and settlement processes from front to back, and strive for creative destruction through process improvement and idea generation.
- Work closely with Operations to monitor and manage trades through the settlement cycle.
- Manage borrow and loan executions for new trade settlement.
- Perform maintenance on financing trades, namely rate changes, recalls, buyins, returns and refinancing opportunities.
- Coordinate with IT on process improvement, and data distribution and presentation.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with dozens of financing counterparties.
If you’re interested in:
- Becoming versed on prime brokerage/futures billing mechanics, and develop ability to reconcile accounts and onboard new ones.
- Learning the intricacies of the trade allocation methodology, and develop ability to modify parameters with consideration for commercial terms and balance targets.
- Identifying trends in the securities lending market and distribute commentary and analysis to the Portfolio Finance team, traders, analysts, and portfolio managers.
- Identifying and exploring alpha opportunities in financing trades.
- Asking thoughtful questions, constantly striving for improvement, and challenging the status quo.
If you have:
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- At least three years of professional experience in a finance role.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Series 7 license a plus.