- Strong academic record: BS/MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, or another quantitative field preferred
- Passion for the financial markets and trading, systematic problem solving
- Technical skills: Acute understanding of risk taking in uncertain conditions, programming languages, algorithm theory and statistics
- Strategic decision-making skills: Adept ability to take in new information and take action quickly. You may have honed those skills through classes, internships, or even through an interest in gaming, chess, or poker
- Resilience: Takes ownership, works with integrity and overcomes obstacles to achieve long term goals
- Intellectual curiosity and a motivation to learn
- Excellent communication and planning skills
From day one, we put you on track in our year-long 110 Trader Development Program. Taught by industry experts and senior leadership, you’ll learn about our different trading strategies and cultivate your market and business intuition.
- Academic coursework: Learn asset class fundamentals, technical skills and decision making from experienced industry professionals.
- Practical case studies and mock trading: Explore all the markets in which Citadel Securities operates by studying interesting market events and testing your skills and intuition through mock trading scenarios
- Professional development: Tap into the wisdom of experienced colleagues, grow alongside your peers and benefit from mentors dedicated to providing thoughtful guidance to support your career trajectory.
- Leadership: Benefit from practical instruction on running teams, managing projects and communicating with colleagues.
Opportunities available in Chicago, New York, Duplin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.