Curiosity gets you up in the morning – and your relentless drive to improve propels you through the day. You are a disciplined decision maker and passionate about making better markets for a better world. You’re ready for a unique opportunity to challenge yourself through a competitive program – with the support of a global firm behind you. This opportunity will empower you to fuse exceptional market and quantitative acumen with a leader’s ability to communicate insights to teams in concise ways.
- Continuously learn and stay ahead of the competition
- Develop leadership skills in a team environment that closely integrates trading, quantitative research, and technology
- Leverage and innovate one of the industry’s most powerful trading platforms
- Develop exceptional practitioner’s understanding of financial markets
Your Skills and Talents
- Sound, data driven decision making along with executional diligence and attention to detail
- Solving a wide range of problems spanning finance, technology and operations
- Ability to multi-task and remain even-keeled in a fast paced environment
- Deliver tangible results by identifying, ranking and seizing opportunities
- Healthy competitive spirit and a passion for trading and financial markets
- Experience with programming, scripting and/or statistical software a plus Education in Applied Math, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics or related disciplines required
- Exclusive program starts with two rotations on elite trading teams in year 1, followed by final placement for the remained of the program
- Tailored academic coursework at the beginning of the program depending on your individual background
- Comprehensive curriculum of intermediate and advanced case studies taught throughout the program by in-house subject matter experts. You will learn cutting edge practical skills you will leverage for the rest of your career. Upon graduation from the program you progress from Trading Associate to Trader and earn a permanent placement on a trading desk.
- Contribute to a culture that cultivates excellence, team building, continuous knowledge sharing, and employee development
- Participate in fun activities including: ping pong, rock climbing, cooking classes, bowling, baseball games, etc.
Opportunities available in Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, and Sydney
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.