At Citadel Securities, a leading global market maker, our Trading Interns learn from the best and brightest in finance, as well as technology and quantitative research. In addition, Trading Interns work on critical projects to help us make better markets for a better world.
Join a structured program that will allow you to explore your passion for the financial markets, trading, and strategy. Are you ready to become part of the next generation of elite traders?
- Constantly learn and stay ahead of global market dynamics
- Monitor and respond to incoming market information, economic announcements, and general trading activity
- Use trading metrics and statistical data to identify areas to improve performance
- Work in a team environment that closely integrates trading, quantitative research and technology
- Innovate by using one of the industry’s most powerful trading platforms
- Have a perspective on all major financial markets
Your Skills & Talents:
- Ability to think about the world systematically and quantitatively, as well as ability to deal with uncertainty in a rigorous and statistical way
- Interest in applying technology and/or quantitative skills to solve complex trading problems
- Passion for the markets and a desire to seize investment opportunities
- Experience with programming, scripting and/or statistical software strongly preferred
- Advanced training in Applied Math, Engineering, Statistical Modeling, Calculus, Computer Science, Physics or related disciplines required (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD Degree)
Opportunities available in Chicago, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, New York, and Sydney
We’re committed to helping your accelerate your career. As you prepare for an internship, check out Frank Krepelka, Head of Risk and Trading, providing advice for students and recent graduates in Citadel Securities Conversations.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.