As part of Citadel’s COO, this role will lead the business continuity function for the firm’s global Business Continuity & Recovery Program. The successful candidate will identify, mitigate and, respond to organizational and business continuity risks. The Business Continuity Lead will provide clear and consistent direction of global business resilience planning to ensure consistent application of program policies and standards globally across all businesses and regions. This individual will drive and embed best practice, consistency and pragmatic management of business resilience and continuity through all locations and business units in support of the program.
The Business Continuity & Recovery program includes but is not limited to the following aspects: incident/crisis management; emergency management; IT disaster recovery; business recovery; business impact analysis; and aspects of outsource provider risk management.
- Manage all aspects of the business continuity program including: governance and operating frameworks (committee structure, risk assessment, business impact analysis, plan development, testing and training).
- Develop, maintain, and implement business continuity strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analysis, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity plans.
- Maintain and update all program documents (policies, procedures, program roles and responsibilities, operating structure, plan templates).
- Working with key stakeholders in defining, training, and testing business continuity, crisis management and disaster recovery plans and procedures to reduce business interruptions, ensure continuity, minimize financial impact and adhere to legal/regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for establishing and overseeing annual testing of business continuity strategies and plans including testing facilitation and tracking of results.
- Providing assistance with internal and external regulatory and audit requests in relation to the program.
- Leading cross departmental remediation of business continuity gaps once identified.
- Managing the completion of third party service provider business continuity due diligence reviews.
- Develop and manage a program designed to ensure business continuity processes, plans and strategies are capable of recovering critical business functions during and after disruptive events.
- Works with the head of the program to lead efforts related to the firm’s response to disruptive events by administering an incident/crisis management enterprise-wide program.
- Collects and reports on metrics to measure the health and effectiveness of the Business Continuity & Recovery Program.
- Demonstrated experience with risk evaluation and control, business impact analysis, business continuity strategy development, developing and implementing continuity plans.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in risk management or related field such as crisis management or compliance.
- Position requires experience in business continuity management.
- Eight to ten years of relevant corporate experience preferred, which includes managing complex programs and developing or leading a team.
- Superior ability to assess broad-based business impacts and identify risk trends, challenges, and opportunities by assimilating new information, understanding complex topics, executing sound judgement, developing conclusions and making recommendations in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills with a strong ability to handle opposition constructively and interact with tact and diplomacy.
- Certified Business Continuity Planning (CBCP), Continuity of Operations (COOP) or other industry recognized equivalents highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record.
- Advanced degree (MBA or J.D. degree) is preferred.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.