Our Software Engineers create next-generation software to support business areas across the firm in developing and delivering custom-solutions that optimize performance and efficiency.
Locations: Chicago, New York, London, Zurich, Sydney, Hong Kong
- Build, maintain, and support one of the world’s most powerful trading platforms while continuously improving performance, functionality, and stability of the system
- Design, develop, test, and deploy elegant software solutions across the firm
- Partner with business leaders to define priorities and deliver custom solutions
- Analyze complex business and technical problems
- Make sound decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner
- Provide timely systems support for trading activities
Skills and Preferred Qualifications
- A deep passion for technology and software development
- In-depth experience working in C++
- The ambition to solve open-ended problems using analytical methods
- Sound understanding of multi-threaded application design and development
- Professional experience working with distributed systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills applicable to a dynamic trading environment
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with proprietary trading is preferable but not necessary
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.