A Citadel Command Center technician provides technical support, administration, for all internal end-user software, hardware, and connectivity. They are also closely tied to the Infrastructure and Development teams. We are looking for a self-directed technologist that can work both independently and with the broader team at least 20 hours per week. The right candidate is focused on asking better questions as opposed to simply providing immediate answers.
- Helping to build a new, world-class command center with a mission to drive efficiencies within Citadel
- Providing excellent communications and support to Citadel internal users
- Identifying, diagnosing, researching, tracking and resolving technical problems
- Resolving issues quickly for users and escalating to third parties or other IT groups as needed
- Interacting independently with end users and meeting all assigned user support issues
- Working part-time in a fast paced team while pursuing your degree
Your Skills & Talents :
- An interest in learning new technologies and helping users with technical issues and questions
- The ability to effectively recognize and resolve technical issues and adapt quickly to a new and changing technical environment
- An understanding of desktop and laptop computer hardware, peripherals, and software
- An understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft business products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Windows), and other common business productivity software.
- A good understanding of network technologies, Cisco CLI, and the TCP/IP protocol.
- A working knowledge of broad based server technology within a Microsoft environment; including but not limited to: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience working on and supporting remote computing components and solutions including but not limited to: RSA Servers and appliances, Cisco VPN and Citrix.
- Familiarity or experience with Linux, Windows, and other operating systems.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Bash
- Interacted professionally with internal customers and demonstrates key client service concepts (e.g., responsiveness, attentiveness, composure, attention to detail, follow-through).
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.