Credit Analysts conduct analysis across an assigned coverage universe to generate trade ideas and support business portfolio managers and trading strategies. These needs vary across multiple credit businesses including Converts, Distressed and Performing Credit.
- Build, maintain, and enhance models for assigned coverage universe and produce and update write-ups on focus names and situations
- Identify and support assumptions through independent thinking and without over-relying on sell side analyst/buy side peer research
- Proactively identify new opportunities to contribute to the business across trading strategies
- Enhance knowledge of risk and portfolio oversight, both independently and by leveraging the QR team Build thorough understanding of the risk and payoff profiles across the range of range of instruments (corps, converts, CDS, equity, options) and trade structures to better express views, capture alpha, and manage risk
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in finance, economics, applied mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or a related quantitative field
- Prior experience in a financial markets position, particularly as a fundamental research analyst supporting a trading desk (credit coverage strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to cover multiple credits in a fast-paced environment requiring efficient evaluation of opportunities in response to news and market changes
- Familiarity with modeling techniques for corporate capital structures and derivative pricing (options, credit derivatives), risk measurement/management, and performance attribution techniques a plus
- Willingness to embrace quantitative analytics and technology for research and idea generation
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Opportunities in Chicago, New York, London
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.