Portfolio Managers drive a rigorous research process combined with advanced quantitative analysis to make informed risk decisions across converts, performing credit and distressed credit opportunities. Successful Portfolio Managers are able to build and manage strong and dynamic portfolios while working closely with other portfolio managers and team members within the Global Credit team and other parts of the firm.
- Develop and execute a clear and disciplined investment process that produces strong ideas and demonstrates sustainable and repeatable performance
- Manage a portfolio of Credit and/or Convertibles securities in accordance with established trading and risk parameters
- Collaborate and share market views with other portfolio managers as well as the Global Head of Credit and COO of Global Credit
- Partner with the Quantitative Research and Technology team to develop innovative approaches, tools, and techniques for modeling changes in security valuations and assist the deployment across both discretionary and systematic trading strategies
- Manage and mentor a team of Analysts, Junior Portfolio Managers, and/or Traders
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, economics, engineering, finance, mathematics, operations research, physics, statistics or a related field
- Prior experience in a financial markets position with a minimum of two years in a risk taking role managing a portfolio of securities and producing strong risk adjusted returns
- Experience working effectively with (overseeing or managing a plus) a team of analysts to develop trade ideas and manage positions
- Thorough understanding of modeling techniques for corporate capital structures and derivative pricing (options, credit derivatives)
- Strong understanding of portfolio construction, risk measurement/management, and performance attribution techniques
- Willingness to embrace quantitative analytics and technology as valuable portfolio management tools
- A commercial, solutions-oriented mind
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be eager to be part of a collegial, collaborative environment embracing of a high level of camaraderie and respect among peers
Opportunities in Chicago, New York, London
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.