- Trouble shoot database related issues and provide solution to increase database system reliability and availability.
- Manage and support production databases running on SQL Server, Snowflake, SSAS Cubes and other NoSQL
- Manage database security automation and maintain data safety and integrity procedures.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up that meets RPO and RTO as well as DR
- Assist with researching new database technologies and implement them to increase productivity and efficiency of
- database dependent applications.
- Consult with Development DBAs with development of ad-hoc SQL, stored procedure/views, and tune them to improve performance.
- Implement and maintain database/data archiving and retention process
- Develop DBA administration scripts using T-SQL, stored procedure, SSIS packages, Python and Power Shell scripts
- Document database environment and administration process
- 5+ years experience supporting MS SQL 2014+ servers as a DBA
- 3+ years experience working with database monitoring tools (SQL Profiler, Quest, RedGate, Idera, Foglight,
- PDBA etc.)
- 3+ years experience working with at least two scripting language: PowerShell, Python, Shell, Perl
- Must have administration experience with SQL Server SSAS, SSRS and SSIS
- Must be able to work in Linux environment and know basic Linux commands and be able to use a Linux editor
- Knowledge of and experience with BI databases like Snowflake is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of migrating Sybase ASE databases to SQL Server databases is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.