As part of Citadel’s COO, this role will lead the disaster recovery function for the firm’s global Business Continuity & Recovery Program. The successful candidate will develop, implement, and maintain Citadel’s disaster recovery function globally to ensure quick and effective system and data recovery from any man-made or natural disasters and incidents. The Disaster Recovery Lead will support the organization in the development and maintenance of technology related recovery plans, development of exercises and other testing modalities for multiple risks and vulnerabilities, analyzing risk opportunities consistent with company business objectives and strategy, and proactive analyzing of risks and emerging threats within our and vendor environments.
The Business Continuity & Recovery program includes but is not limited to the following aspects: incident/crisis management; emergency management; IT disaster recovery; business recovery; business impact analysis; and aspects of outsource provider risk management.
- Execute the implementation of disaster recovery program documentation, individual application plan documentation, testing, measurement and reporting processes.
- Managing the ongoing development, maintenance, and enhancement of disaster recovery-related activities, which include a working group, regular management briefings, SDLC toll gating for disaster recovery requirements, weekly change management meetings, updating IT recovery/failover plan content, and supporting periodic tests of the availability capacity.
- Develop and maintain a business critical disaster recovery program that ensures high availability ad superior performance in a continuous delivery model.
- Manage the development of the end-to-end technology recovery plans with technology teams to include infrastructure, network, application and security.
- Serve as the disaster recovery expert ensuring that the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) are met in testing to include actual failovers to ensure readiness in the event of an actual declaration.
- Participates in the enhancement of technology governance and compliance programs to include technology implementation as well as project and program management.
- Help establish and maintain the overall plans for executing all disaster recovery procedures and understand their interdependencies.
- Coordinate with the technology applications and technical staff to ensure disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place and maintained.
- Guide and provide direction to the technology disaster recovery coordinators as their roles pertain to disaster recovery.
- Ultimately facilitate all annual disaster recovery exercises.
- Act as liaison for auditing and regulatory examinations of the firm’s disaster recovery plans and processes.
- Continuously evaluate disaster recovery plans and processes for inefficiencies and make improvement recommendations.
- Establish training and quality assurance programs; program manage the identification and remediation of disaster recovery related gaps and issues.
- Administer all aspects of annual disaster recovery tests including designing the protocols and objectives, developing the test schedule, facilitating resolution of any technical or administrative issues, assessing results and preparing the final report for management.
- Position requires 3-5 years of experience developing continuity of operations and disaster recovery plans or in disaster recovery governance.
- Industry experience, knowledge, expertise in disaster recovery and a demonstrated ability to apply to business environment.
- Has a strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management.
- Capable of facilitating disaster recovery projects and analysis.
- Has the ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions in project and ongoing support situations.
- Strong understanding of IT technical issues which are relevant to business continuity is essential.
- In-depth understanding of the technology industry.
- Experience in the areas of information security, IT risk and control.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.