Finance Associates contribute to the overall management of the financial processes of our business groups. The Finance and Accounting team effectively partners across all business groups and has a proven track record of delivering results, and developing new tools, applications and processes to support a wide-ranging array of current and new businesses.
- Manage disbursements utilizing the firm’s automated invoice processing system and PeopleSoft.
- Analyze expense trends among businesses
- Consult with business heads to maintain proper internal controls around disbursement workflows
- Substantiate Balance Sheet and Income Statement line items with detailed reconciliations and analysis
- Assist in the month-end close including the cost allocation process
- Prepare necessary journal entries and adjustments throughout the month
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and internal control procedures
- Properly account for incoming cash receipts
- Identify opportunities to improve process, define functional requirements for systems, and implement change
- Assist with other accounting projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in Accounting and/or Finance or equivalent experience; advanced degrees a plus
- Prior finance and accounting experience, preferably within Hedge Funds, Investment Management, and/or a large financial services organization
- Experience with daily and month-end accounting processes
- Experience with ERP systems, creating and using Queries, and utilizing reporting tools to retrieve data and prepare reports
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including ability to create and utilize v-lookups, pivot tables, and other complex formulas
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
Opportunities available in Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.