Traders partner with Portfolio Managers and sector investment teams to manage risk, identify investment opportunities and make trading decisions in response to market information and trading activity. Traders work in a team environment that closely integrates trading, quantitative research and technology.
- Monitor and respond to incoming market information, economic announcements, and general trading activity to manage portfolio risk and identify investment opportunities
- Make statistically based and process-driven trading decisions across a large distributed portfolio
- Utilize analytical problem solving skills to troubleshoot trading systems, develop new trading tactics, and improve platform operations
- Use trading metrics and statistical data to identify areas to increase profitability and improve performance
- Work in a team environment and interact closely with investment teams
- Prior trading experience, preferably at a buy-side firm
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering and/or computer science
- Deep understanding of financial markets and a passion for public investing
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Opportunities available in Chicago, New York
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.