Title: Systematic Trader
Business Unit: Global Quantitative Strategies
Hiring Manager: Brian Murphy
Company Description: We’re Citadel, a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.
If you aspire to:
· Be part of the trading desk within Citadel’s Global Quantitative Strategies business, operating non-stop across multiple asset classes and markets
· Support the overall trade operations related to our systematic trading strategies, which includes ensuring effective trade execution (both automated and manual execution) within parameters established by quantitative research
· Work in a team environment that closely integrates trading, quantitative research and technology
· Work on meaningful projects that directly impact global markets
· Invest in a career with purpose
If you’ve got an interest in:
· Rigorously monitoring an extensive systematic trading operation and reacting to issues in a timely and intelligent manner
· Evaluating and improving on existing operational environment to ensure the best-of-breed monitoring environment and response to any issues that may affect successful execution of our trading strategies
· Analyzing and enhancing all trade execution and related tools
· Developing effective reporting tools & processes to ensure accurate analysis of profit and loss, risk monitoring and position reports
· Applying relevant technologies to detect and debug issues that affect live trading including connectivity with exchanges and FIX issues
· Acting as a liaison between QR, Trading Strategies, middle and back office operations, to ensure proper oversight of all post trade activity for Global Quantitative Strategies
· Assisting in support of the Research team systems and resolving any application errors that may occur on the desk
If you’ve proven you have:
· Experience within a systematic/algorithmic trading environment
· Proven track record of developing and enhancing new ideas to improve trade operations
· Strong exposure to a broad range of products traded (e.g. equities, futures, RV Fixed Income, OTC) and various electronic trading venues
· Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Excellent computer skills, ideally including experience with R and/or Python, as well as Linux
· Solid analytical / problem solving capabilities
· Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced, dynamic and technology-driven environment and will have excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt easily to new environments and responsibilities. The successful candidate will have good judgment, strong initiative and drive. In addition, this person will have the highest ethical standards and will work well within a team environment.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.