Citadel’s Core Engineering team provides infrastructure technology solutions in support of Citadel’s Asset Management and Securities businesses globally.
Infrastructure Operations (Infra Ops) Engineers work to bring the practices to the financial trading field, bringing innovation and cutting edge technology to reduce complexity and improve the performance and visibility of our Infrastructure. Responsible for monitoring alerts, tuning the alerts from Infrastructure platforms, leveraging and enhancing run books and documentation to ensure the team has everything necessary to be productive and responsive to IT engineering and the business.
This role will primarily involve working with and supporting a team of infrastructure operations engineers and support teams on various projects.
If you have an interest in…
- Effectively working in a cooperative and collaborative global team environment
- Providing excellent communications and support to Citadel internal users and engineers
- Helping build out technical documentation and processes
- Building your troubleshooting skills by diagnosing, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Resolving issues quickly for users and escalating to third parties or other IT groups as needed
- Working in a fast paced team while pursuing or just completing your degree
If you’re proven you have…
- An interest in learning new technologies and helping users with technical issues and questions
- The ability to effectively recognize and resolve technical issues and adapt quickly to a new and changing technical environment
- An understanding of Linux operating systems: commands, OS, and basic configuration
- A basic understanding of network technologies, Cisco, DNS, TCP/IP protocol.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Bash
- Interacted professionally with internal customers and demonstrates key client service concepts (e.g., responsiveness, attentiveness, composure, attention to detail, follow-through).
- Some experience with Configuration Management (PowerShell DSC/ Puppet/Chef/Ansible) a plus
Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or an allied field.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.