Role: Jira/Confluence Administrator
Our mission at Citadel is to be the most successful investment team in the world. To achieve this, Software Engineers create next generation software solutions that help to power our investment research, trading, risk management, and funding & settlement systems.
For this particular role, we’re looking for an innovative and results-oriented Software Engineer who can build and manage the automation framework for our Jira and Confluence projects, workflows, permission, notifications and knowledge management. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to innovate within Jira and Confluence, and partner closely with business leaders to develop solutions that drive meaningful business outcomes.
- Day-to-day management and administration of JIRA, including workflows, dashboards, reports, security schemas, issue schemas, and project creation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to determine ways to optimize, improve and automate JIRA setup and workflows, while increasing the technical agility of the organization
- Provide end user coaching, training, and support as well as promote adoption and best practices of these tools and associated methodologies
- Develop metrics, dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide meaningful performance metrics and status reports
- Interact with business and development teams in understanding and implementing their requirements
- Develop scripts to automate administration tasks
- Establish processes and standards around enterprise application lifecycle management tools administration
YOUR SKILLS & TALENTS:
- Passion for technology and software development
- Self-starter who has demonstrated ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment
- Experience building high performance, highly available and scalable software systems that have been successfully adopted by customers over extended time periods
- Ability to deliver short term results while investing in long term strategic solutions
- Experience in administering Jira and Confluence for at least 4+ years, with knowledge of configuring and customizing JIRA workflows, issue types, fields, permission and screen schemes
- Experience interacting with Business/Development and IT functions in understanding their requirements and delivering solutions
- Basic knowledge of groovy
- Experience using Jira Script runner for advanced customization and automation
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Helpful, but not necessary qualifications include:
Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence)
Familiarity in using plugins like Jira Portfolio, Structure, Confi forms, and nFeed
Knowledge of underlying database schemas and the ability to assist with large data imports and project migrations
Want to learn more about what an actual day is like for a developer or software engineer at Citadel? Hear from our own Ben Siegel at https://youtu.be/gPN5_JV43s8.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.