Location: New York or Chicago
The Role:The Media Relations Director will drive a comprehensive reputation and character building program and have day-to-day responsibility for Hedge Fund Communications initiatives with a variety of stakeholders. The individual will work closely with the Executive Team and Business Heads to evaluate, recommend, and manage participation in high impact communication opportunities and forums. This individual will play a critical role in the company’s overall communication strategy, ensuring consistency of the company’s message. The ideal candidate is a hands-on self-starter with great curiosity, high energy, and a bias toward solving problems in new and innovative ways.
- Manage the communication activities that promote, enhance, and protect the company’s brand, support the company across all aspects of building, enhancing, and protecting its reputation.
- Develop and execute communications strategies to support the firm’s government relations and regulatory efforts.
- This individual will take an active role in executive communications, assisting senior Citadel executives by preparing talking points and conducting media training in order to develop a cadre of key executives to interact with the media.
- This person will be responsible for retaining and developing relationships and will develop and execute a proactive media relations program that establishes broad relationship base to maximize the company’s reach.
- This person will work in close collaboration with the head of Corporate Communications to ensure that strategies and approaches are seamless and activities are coordinated. They will work in partnership with Investor Relations, the General Counsel, Human Resources, Global Distribution and the businesses to ensure consistency and impact.
- Extensive experience with media relations in a global, highly competitive markets with a demonstrated track record of working, advising and gaining trust of senior leaders.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of business details, especially financial information.
- Has a strong network of external relationships, especially within the business press.
- Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace.
- Understands the long-term market potential and communicates in persuasive terms the business vision to capitalize on opportunities. Anticipates future business opportunities and develops communication strategies to address them.
- Relates business and communication decisions to core values and business strategy.
- Financial Services expertise is not required, however, a rich curiosity for the global markets and how they work is necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.