Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative market-leading technology. For nearly a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds and capital markets platform have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, corporate pensions, endowments, and institutional and retail clients. Citadel’s team of more than 500 investment professionals deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets, including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
Site Reliability Engineering – Networking
The SRE team of Network Engineering is responsible for all aspects of connectivity needs within the Global Infrastructure organization. We are responsible for managing and automating Citadel’s Enterprise, Data center, Co-locations with major Exchanges and Internet environments – the infrastructures that teams use to drive the investment engine. More importantly, we are expected to know enough about the entire technology stack such that we can design and create solutions to problems that require creative integration.
SRE’s are responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. The SRE team is heavily engaged in technology evaluation, prototyping, designing and automating the deployments of production infrastructure.
If you aspire to:
- Deepen your knowledge of systems and platforms that are used to put financial engineering in practice at a cutting-edge institutional asset manager
- Work closely with A-player technologists from various backgrounds – technology, scientific research, etc.
- Cut your teeth on high-visibility projects that will require creating unique tools, platforms, and frameworks to solve problems no single tool or product exists for
- Large-scale systems design problems
- In depth understanding of routing and switching protocols in Enterprise and trading environments
- Understanding network security fundamentals and best practices
- Helping to define, create, and manage network configuration standards, automation, and monitoring
- Firewalls, switches, routers, load balancers and proxies.
If you’ve proven you have:
- An inquisitive mind and a genuine interest in understanding how things work
- Proficiency in TCP/IP fundamentals
- Proficiency in programming in Python/Go/Java/C/C++
- Knowledge of routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Taken the time to build your own systems at home or at a cloud provider
- Great communication skills
- Extra points: an open-source contribution, pull request, or Github account with some interesting repos demonstrating your self-motivated interest in the space!
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.