Hope is not a strategy. Engineering solutions to design, build, and maintain efficient large-scale systems is a true strategy, and a good one. System Software Engineering is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work. Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to our success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage our teams to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them.
We are seeking talented engineers skilled in the art of integration who understand the Agile mindset, yet are not constrained by how “things are usually done”, and are willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. We’re looking for passionate engineers to build some of the largest compute services on the planet; if you possess that rare mix of depth in Development, Operations, Networking, Systems, and Software Engineering then we are waiting for your application. Apply to meet our talented team and let’s see if you are the one that can help us scale to meet the demand of our largest initiatives.
- Work on solving challenging and high impact projects
- Enjoy mentor relationships with experienced Citadel technologists
- Collaborate with leading investment professionals and top researchers
- Receive structured learning to develop financial, technical and quantitative skills
- Thrive under the direct sponsorship of our firm’s Head of Core Engineering
Your Skills and Talents:
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree from an elite institution in computer science, engineering, physics, math, or the equivalent
- 1-6 years of professional experience at a top-tier firm where software and systems engineering are business-critical
- Deep skills or acumen in learning about systems, programming languages, algorithms, mathematical concepts, or networking
- Competitive drive and an intrinsic motivation to win
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.