We are looking for leaders and problem solvers who are passionate about data and data management.
The purpose of the Reference Data Product Management group is to manage daily operations of enterprise reference data systems and associated businesses processes. The role requires effective management of tactical, BAU activity, as well as longer term, more strategic projects to introduce product and process improvements.
A successful candidate will be an experienced Operations manager who communicates and collaborates effectively, taking ownership and accountability for all aspects of operational stability, issues, and ongoing improvements. They will demonstrate a track record of success in building and managing a global team against concrete SLAs and metrics, with a focus on data-driven process improvements over time. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders; front office customers, project managers, business analysts, and technologists is highly valued.
Reporting to the Product Management head, the Operations Lead will build and manage a team and program for robust reference data operations, with a focus on instrument master data, but also including other types of reference data such as party and EOD pricing data.
- Manage a daily playbook of operational procedures and controls for a global, follow-the-sun team.
- Develop and manage an Incident Management program for all reference data issues.
- Work with front and back office stakeholders across the organization to triage and fix production issues.
- Develop and track operations against SLAs as well as a set of quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Produce operational reports and regularly review data for process improvements.
- Recruit, train, and retain global staff for operational continuity and stability.
- Work with technologists, project managers, and business analysts to deliver reference data system upgrades.
- 10 or more years of professional experience in financial services, particularly operational / production roles in support of trading and investment activities
- Experience managing a globally distributed team with production responsibilities
- Extensive product knowledge across a broad array of financial products and instruments
- Experience in developing and managing SLAs and metrics
- Strong analytical and project management skills
Education: BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree (STEM degree preferred)
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.