We are looking for leaders and problem solvers who are passionate about data and data management.
The purpose of the Reference Data Product Management group is to manage daily operations of enterprise reference data systems and associated businesses processes. The role requires effective management of tactical, BAU activity, as well as longer term, more strategic projects to introduce product and process improvements.
A successful candidate will be an analyst with a strong technical and operations background who communicates and collaborates effectively, taking ownership and accountability for a wide range of projects. Scope of projects will range from data design and analysis, to workflow design and automated report generation, to leveraging self-service tools and scripting in support of daily production operations. The candidate will demonstrate a track record of success in a technical operations role, with the ability to contribute meaningfully to superior analysis, tooling, and data-driven process improvements over time. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders; front office customers, project managers, business analysts, and technologists is highly valued.
Reporting to the Project Management and Business Analysis (PM/BA) Lead, the Technical Operations Analyst will be responsible for supporting robust reference data operations, with a focus on instrument master data, but also including other types of reference data such as party and end of day pricing data.
- Design and help implement process automation and workflow tools (e.g. Jira).
- Support data design, collection, analysis, and automated report generation for change and incident management, as well as global operations.
- Design and configure functions within reference data (e.g. data quality checks), via GUI or SQL / scripting.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis, using a variety of tools as well as scripting.
- Work with technologists, project managers, and business analysts to deliver reference data system upgrades.
- 3 or more years of professional experience in financial services, with working knowledge of financial products and instruments.
- Proficient in SQL and at least one language (e.g. Python).
- Experience with workflow tools (e.g. Jira) and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Very strong attention to detail, with an interest in process design and automation.
- Strong analytical skills.
Education: BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree (STEM degree preferred)
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.