Quantitative Researchers play a key role on the Quantitative Research (“QR”) team, which is responsible for developing and testing automated quant trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques.
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in a live trading environment
- Use unconventional data sources to drive innovation
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to build and refine monetization systems for trading signals
Your Skills & Talents
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree)
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics(e.g.,machine learning,time-series analysis,pattern recognition,NLP)
- Prior experience working in a data driven research environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g.,MongoDB)
- Experience with distributed computing using MapReduce
- Experience with analytical packages (e.g., R,Matlab)
- Independent research experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Opportunities available in Chicago, London, Hong Kong and New York
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.