Quantitative Researchers work closely with other members of the Global Quantitative Strategies team to develop and test highly automated quant trading strategies using sophisticated quantitative/statistical techniques for strategies ranging from Equity/Non-Equity Statistical Arbitrage, Systematic Fundamental L/S, Systematic CTA/Managed Futures and Fundamental FICC.
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models and help translate algorithms into code
- Work closely with traders to interpret valuations and develop next generation models and analytics
- Develop core algorithms and models leading directly to trading decisions
- Evaluate financial data vendors; evaluate and work with new data sources and analytics packages in developing investment strategies
- Provide high level technical and investment analytics support to the trade desks
- Conduct research and statistical analyses about securities and commodities
- Ph.D. in Statistics or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, IEOR, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to complete high level, investment related research
- Prior experience in a quantitative role within a trading environment or experience in a position applying advanced quantitative techniques in solving highly complex data intensive problems
- Strong analytical skills; experience working with and analyzing large datasets
- Strong mathematical and statistical modeling skills (i.e. time-series and cross-sectional skills) preferred
- Proficiency in coding, with experience using statistical packages (e.g. R, Matlab)
- Exposure to scripting (e.g. Python, Perl); C/C++ a plus but not required
Depending on the role, additional qualifications may include
- Demonstrated interest in or knowledge of investments, derivatives, asset pricing, empirical anomalies, macroeconomic analysis and market micro-structure
- Prior experience with equities, convertible arbitrage, fixed income and/or commodities
- Understanding of the modeling of risk and dynamics of linear and non-linear financial products
- Strong understanding of international accounting rules and familiarity with global market structure
- Familiarity with portfolio construction analytics and some exposure to quantitative portfolio management
Opportunities available in Chicago, London, Hong Kong and New York
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.