Regulatory Policy and Affairs professionals play a critical role in managing the firm’s relationships with regulatory bodies around the world and representing its views on market structure issues.
- Define, in consultation with business heads and key internal experts / stakeholders, legislative, regulatory and industry priorities, positions, and strategy on relevant financial industry and capital markets topics in the US, EU and elsewhere
- Identify market structure reform objectives in each asset class and plan and execute strategies for achieving them
- Develop and maintain relationships with other market participants and market infrastructure providers (CCPs, exchanges, trading platforms, etc.) to build industry consensus and effect change
- Prioritize, organize, and represent Citadel in legislative, regulatory, and industry association meetings
- Monitor, filter, analyze, and develop responses to legislative, regulatory, or industry initiatives affecting the financial industry / capital markets
- Draft comment letters in response to regulatory consultations
- Support public relations / press engagements relating to regulatory matters, including generating or coordinating the development of presentations, talking points, white papers, and press releases
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience. JD or MBA degrees strongly preferred
- Prior experience in financial markets and/or in financial market related policy, legal, regulatory or infrastructure fields
- Strong understanding of financial markets (participants, products, market structure, etc.) as well as the evolution of the markets and market regulation.
- Capacity to digest existing law and regulation as well as new policy proposals, and to understand the economic ramifications of changes in regulation and market structure
- Ability to conduct detailed analysis and draft policy proposals and supporting advocacy materials
- Ability to lead strategic decisions, build coalitions, and speak forcefully in public
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Opportunities available in Chicago, London, New York
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.