Senior Front-End Engineer
In our mission to be the most successful investment team in the world, we empower elite colleagues in technology, quantitative research, and investment management to create innovative solutions that impact the financial markets and take data analysis to new levels. We’re looking to bring on and empower a Senior Front-End Engineer to define and manage the customer experience of our web investment platform. You’d own the design and implementation of major deliverables end-to-end. This position requires collaboration with other engineers on the team, partner teams, investment professionals and senior leadership, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create and iterate.
You’d have the opportunity to shape your own career path by exploring and executing on big, innovative engineering ideas. You’d also grow alongside colleagues who bring together an extraordinary combination of knowledge, skills, and passion.
Locations: Chicago or New York
- Develop innovative data visualizations using libraries such as D3, ChartIQ, and eCharts
- Research and prototype new technology concepts
- Partner with business units and other technology teams across the globe
- Own and manage all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Work closely with the back-end engineers to integrate with the front-end application
- Communicate technical ideas and set direction on projects with a focus on solving business challenges
YOUR SKILLS & TALENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of professional front end development
- Experience with React, Webpack, HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience writing performant and scalable JS for both client and server (Node.js)
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.