Senior Software Engineer
At Citadel, a leading investor in the world’s financial markets, we want you to shape your own career path by exploring and executing on innovative engineering ideas that, in turn, allow capital to get efficiently allocated to the innovations that improve society. As part of our mission to become the most successful investment team in the world, ideas can come from anyone and everyone—including you.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll help to establish technical standards and drive our overall technical architecture and engineering practices. You will also work on the team’s hardest problems by building high-quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business goals. You will think globally while building systems, ensuring that Citadel builds high-performing, scalable systems that operate in tandem at the highest level. Our Senior Software Engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Your expertise is deep and broad; you’re hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder, and operator. The candidate should have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts, is able to balance technical leadership with strong business judgement, strives for simplicity, and demonstrates significant creativity and high judgement.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful large scale systems and services in support of the developer ecosystem and investment professionals
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent, including other Senior Engineers
- Assist in the career development of technical colleagues, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
- Lead the design, write code, and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that can be leveraged for a broad set of business use cases
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment
Develop under the direct sponsorship of our firm’s CTO and engage with other C-level leadership
Your Skills and Talents:
- BS Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant, broad software engineering experience
- Experience leading development life-cycle process and best practices
- Experience with Agile, Service Oriented Architecture, micro-services, containerization, distributed systems, server-less compute
- Experience mentoring/training engineers on complex technical issues
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.