Software Engineers at Citadel create next generation software solutions that help produce systems that power our investment research, trading, risk management, and funding & settlement systems. Software Engineers continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our investment process and reduce operational risk. Software Engineers partner closely with business leaders to develop and deliver software solutions that drive meaningful business outcomes. We build a range of critical solutions from pre-trade research platforms to trading systems to post-trade clearing and settlement services. These solutions include high availability, high throughput systems scaling to millions of transactions per second.
As an intern, you’ll get to challenge the impossible in technology through an 11 week program that will allow you to collaborate and connect with senior team members and our CEO Ken Griffin. In addition, you’ll get the opportunity to network and socialize with peers at iconic venues.
· Create technological tools that bring trading strategies to life
· Develop high-performance, large data research platforms
· Work in small teams to build the future of finance
Your Skills & Talents:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD)
- Exceptional programming and design skills
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with probability and statistics
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative, complex and highly technical team environment
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for solving challenging problems using technology
Opportunities available in Chicago, New York, London
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.