Are you a natural programmer who loves to build real-time applications and systems that make an immediate impact? Are you passionate about building software that challenges and inspires you every day? At Citadel, we apply rigorous quantitative and technology driven strategies to transform capital markets. Our software engineers solve some of the most challenging problems in finance by providing innovative solutions that make a real-world impact. We thrive on great ideas and have the initiative, tenacity and resources to implement them.
As part of the Software Engineering Rotation Program, you’ll work side-by-side with quantitative researchers and traders to help write the future of finance using cutting-edge technology. We’re looking for a diverse group of software engineers to join our program that offers rotations spanning from front-end development, full-stack development, systems design, low latency programming, networking, quantitative development, and everything in between.
- Build tools that bring trading strategies to life
- Develop high-performance large data research platforms
- Work in small teams to write the future of finance
Your Skills & Talents
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD
- Exceptional programming and design skills
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with probability and statistics
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative, complex and highly technical team environment
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for solving challenging problems using technology
Opportunities available in Chicago and New York
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.